Monday 14 July 2014

A further update to my what's missing from AbbVie's £27 billion takeover bid for Shire story?

I wonder whether the market will finally find out whether Lazard has secured a role on the AbbVie/Shire deal?

(for readers wondering why I have posited this question it might be worthwhile clicking on the link to this previous article: http://betaville123.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/whats-missing-from-abbvies-27-billion.html).

I mean, you would have thought a counter bidder (Allergan/Amgen?) might step forward now that Shire is finally about to receive a formal, recommended offer from AbbVie. Here is a link to Shire's statement from this morning: http://www.investegate.co.uk/shire-plc--shp-/prn/update-re--abbvie-proposal/20140714070000PCF3E/

Or, perhaps Lazard will be brought in (or has already been appointed) by Shire's board as a rule "3 adviser"?

Last time I checked (I have to admit it was some time ago) rule 3 advisers are appointed by British company boards to advise on whether an offer is "fair" if the target company's existing investment banking advisers have commercial relationships with the the bidder.

No comments:

Post a Comment