Tuesday 3 March 2015

Stalked

I was looking at my Linked In profile the other day and noticed that somebody from GDF-Suez UK has been stalking me on the social network.

I'm not quite sure why I have been stalked but the last piece I wrote that involved the French group was about the company rekindling its interest in Canadian oil company Talisman Energy.

Here is a link to the piece that was published in the The Sunday Times last October:

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/business/article1469913.ece

A lot has happened since then, with Spain's Repsol agreeing a deal to purchase Talisman Energy for $8.3 billion. And that deal looks set to be wrapped up after Talisman shareholders approved Repsol's offer a couple of weeks ago.

Still, I can't help but wonder whether GDF-Suez's interest in my Linked In profile is connected to Talisman Energy - or at least some of its assets.

No comments:

Post a Comment