Friday 3 July 2015

Punters outraged after some spreadbetters mark Quindell positions at 30p a share; fears move could trigger share price crash when suspension is lifted

Stock market punters are up in arms after it emerged some of the spreadbetting firms have begun marking positions in embattled Quindell at just 30p a share.

For readers that don't recall, Aim-listed Quindell has had it shares suspended after the Financial Conduct Authority decided to investigate the company's accounts between 2013 and 2014.

Spreadex, though, has begun telling some clients that: "due to the handling of our position by our counter parties we will be marking your position at a price of 30p as of 9pm tonight [June 30th, 2015]."

The move has raised fears Quindell's shares - suspended at about 124p - could crash when the share suspension is lifted.

To make matters worse, Spreadex had also told clients that it may force punters to close positions in other shares to cover losses in Quindell stock because the Aim-listed company's shares are suspended.

According to my mole, Spreadex told clients to: "be aware this change could place your account through our close out level. Whilst your Quindell position can't be closed until the suspension of trading is lifted, any other positions you hold could be at risk of being closed."

Sources said Spreadex isn't the only spreadbetting company to force clients to mark positions are extremely low levels.

Er, I'm not quite sure what the rules and regulations are, but I would like to think that if a company's shares have been suspended then it's not possible to mark and trade positions in the company even if the position is in a derivative.

I have asked Spreadex's marketing/PR department to get in contact but I was told the spreabetting firm won't be able to speak to me until the main man returns on Monday. If and when he does, I will happily add his comments into this story.

2 comments:

  1. Testimony On How My Life was Transform through the help of a God-sent Lender..

    Hello everyone, I am writing this Testimony because am really grateful for what Mason Diego did for me and my family, when I thought there was no hope he came and make my family feel alive again by lending us loan at a very low interest rate of 2%. Well I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts for the past three months all I met scammed and took my money until I finally met a God sent Lender. I never thought that there are still genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise i got my loan without wasting much time so if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount i would advise you to email Mr Diego via: { diegoloancompany@yahoo.com } or call (608) 728-8913 and be free of internet scams. thanks... Kathie Roper from California, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Thomas Credit Firm, I am an international business man and Lender that has offered Loans to so various individual and firms in Europe, Asia, Africa and other parts of the world. We give out our Loan for a interest rate of 2% per annul for a minimum of 100.00 to a maximum of 100,000,000.00 rubles, dollars, pounds, euros, etc. The maximum loan term we can offer is 30 Years at fixed interest rate.
    Available Loans
    * Personal Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    * Business Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    * Combination Loan (Secure and unsecured)
    * Consolidation Loan (Secure and unsecured)
    * Mortgage Loans (Secure and unsecured)

    Interested candidates should please contact us today for your online quick and easy loan without collateral deposits. Email: thomascreditfirm@gmail.com

    Sincerely,

    ReplyDelete